TCLI is a non-profit and non-political organization founded in the year 2012, whose major aim and purpose is to promote literacy among Nigerian children using various creative channels.
Our vision is to roll back illiteracy in Nigeria’s next generation. We believe in the training of the younger Nigerian population because foundation matters and therefore, if they are given a solid foundation, they will excel in their future academic and life pursuits. Our vision is in line with the SDG number 4 which is Quality Education.
The aims and objectives of TCLI are:
- To promote literacy among children and young people using creative channels in line with the Sustainable Development Goal number 4 (Quality Education).
- To create literacy awareness
- To organize programs, clubs, and literacy competitions such as spelling bees, writing competitions etc.
- Funding and stocking libraries with academic and inspirational materials.
- Encouraging the development of core moral values and language and cultural heritage.
- Providing educational and financial support in the form of scholarship, and bursary to deserving young people.
- Executing projects which are aimed at tackling issues that keep underserved children away from school, in order to ensure they rise above such challenges and remain in school.
- Collaborating and network with potential partners to achieve the above.