The JTown Rising Stars Project is the forerunner of the umbrella project called the ‘Rising Stars Project’ pioneered by our advisory board member, Ruby Gyang. It is an artiste Development and Empowerment Project that ran from June 2022- December 2023 focusing on Identifying, Refining, and Developing Musicians in Jos and its environs. We had over 5000+ entries from all around the country in rap and music. Some entries fizzled in from Cameroon and Gambia as well.
This project was implemented by RG Entertainment and Media Company, and Silt Media Consult in strong collaboration with the Thinking Cap Literacy Initiative.
The Jtown Rising Stars Project offers the following to selected beneficiaries :
- Music Business Training with industry Experts and a Certification Course by Jos Business School.
- Enrollment in the Upnext Academy, powered by the US Embassy, US Consulate Lagos.
- A Music Video for all beneficiaries
- Top-tier Recording for all beneficiaries
- Performance slots at Major concerts.
- Mentorship and training by some A lists Artists, Media houses, and Producers.
Our Principal Partners were:
- Arewa 24
- Chocolate City
- Ministry of Youth and Sports
- The Plateau State Government